Sunday, January 8, 2012

Promises for a New Week

 
We're only 1 week into January and I've already had a nervous breakdown.  Ok, it was actually just a crying episode during a day when I was utterly exhausted and in need of some encouragement.  Regardless, it's way too early to be having these types of moments.

It occurred to me that I get overwhelmed because I try to be that perfect juggler who manages to keep all my balls in the air and in place at the same time.  Just when I think I'm putting on an impressive show, one ball gets out of my reach and all of them come crashing to the ground.  Then I sit there and cry--which of course does nothing to help my cause and only makes me feel worse.  Why do I have those moments when I forget who is actually holding my life in perfect balance?  Why do I forget that God is making everything happen in His timing for a reason?

Well, I've decided that I really need to adjust my attitude for week 2 of 2012. So these are the verses that I'm claiming this week.  Please feel free to claim them as your own and to meditate on them this week too.


Therefore, do not be anxious for tomorrow; for 
tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34


Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9




 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of our time, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16

     
Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden, The God who is our salvation. Selah. 
Psalm 68:19




Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment