Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snack Time

I attempted to study this afternoon without the assistance of a babysitter (aka one of the grandparents), but somehow the distraction of the Cars 2 soundtrack and my 1 year old's constant begging for "juice" resulted in my ability to study for only about 50 minutes.  Since I used nap time to get my actual legal work done, it looks like I'll be using bedtime to get my study hours in.  Thank goodness for coffee...

So while I was sitting at my computer this evening debating whether I should turn segment 2 of my Evidence lecture on or just give in to the urge to play with the boys, I heard some unexpected activity in the kitchen.  As it turns out, my 1 year old appreciated his afternoon snack of Hot & Spicy Cheez-It crackers.  (Don't judge me--I know it's not exactly a healthy, toddlerish snack.  But I haven't been to the grocery store yet!)  Somehow, he decided to get himself a refill all by himself.  As a result, he dumped a large pile of Cheez-It crackers on my kitchen floor--and my kitchen smelled like Tabasco Sauce.


When I first saw the mess, my little guy was actually sitting right in the middle of it.  But since he was happy, I left him there to chow down on the rest of the crackers in the box.  I was surprised, however, when I re-entered my kitchen a few minutes later and found this:


Hallelujah! I have a child who actually understands the concept of cleaning a floor!  And he's even happy about helping.  I just hope this enthusiasm for cleaning sticks with him.  If it does, he's going to have a happy wife one day.

1 comment: