Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Must See Date Night Movie

My husband and I were blessed yesterday to have my parents come watch our little ones (who were sick) so that we could go to a movie together.  I think we've been to exactly 3 or 4 movies together since our oldest child was born 3+ years ago.  That means that we see approximately 1 movie per year at the theater.  When we dated, we would sometimes see 3 movies a week!  But now that we have kiddos and work schedules, we've discovered the genius behind cable tv's On Demand button.  Anyway, I digress.

Yesterday we saw 7 Days in Utopia.  I kind of expected it to be another slow golf movie.  Don't get me wrong, I like golf movies. Generally speaking, however, golf movies are either very slow or kind of dirty--Tin Cup comes to mind.  This movie was no Tin Cup7 Days in Utopia was a legitimately good, clean movie with a really solid message.  From start to finish, this was a wonderful movie, and I think every family should own it.  Plus this movie has the rare ability to mix a Christian message with great acting.  If you love Robert Duvall as a cowboy (Lonesome Dove was kind of great), you'll love him even more as a wise, Christian cowboy. 

So if you need a good date night movie to see, go try out 7 Days in Utopia.  I promise you won't be disappointed.  And you might even fall in love with the Texas Hill Country too. 

Sorry, I 'm not going to give away what this movie is about.  Just go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment