Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Inspiration for My Work-out


Every so often, I realize that I need some inspiration for my work-out.  In the spring, the idea of enjoying the gorgeous Texas weather while getting a hint of a tan is really all I need.  For some reason, every summer, my enthusiasm wanes.  I'm sure it has something to do with triple digit heat that causes me to "glisten" every time I walk from my front door to my car.  So every year, in the heat of the summer, I purchase work-out videos that I can do in the house.  The novelty of these works for awhile, but they're just not as fun as cranking up my music in the garage for a work-out or cruising my neighborhood trails with my boys.  Thus, I've reached that point every year where I need some special inspiration.

This weekend, my husband took me shoe shopping--tennis shoe shopping.  As a general rule, I don't wear tennis shoes in my everyday life.  I kind of think that femininity should be a head to toe statement, so you're much more likely to catch me wearing some wedges or boots or some cute flip flops that allow me to show off a nice pedicure.  Tennis shoes are for function and comfort.  I used to wear them to work with my scrubs.  I wear them in the garage when I work out.  I mow the lawn in tennis shoes.  So who really cares what they look like?

I've never been that interested in the fashion statement made by my tennis shoes.  In fact, it recently occurred to me that I have not even purchased a new pair of tennis shoes since March of 2009!  But hey, if you don't wear them much, they last. Right?

Anyway, my husband decided that it was time for me to buy some tennis shoes to match my personality.  He knows that I've been losing inspiration for my daily work-outs, so buying some fun tennis shoes was his solution.  Isn't he a genius?  The current tennis shoe looks are definitely inspiring.  These are some of my favorites below:




I ended up with the first pair above.  It's been years since I bought a pair of Nike's, but I couldn't resist the Boise State blue color of these shoes (much brighter in real life.)  And you know what?  I can't wait to put them on again and go work-out.  Maybe a new pair of tennis shoes can inspire a girl.  But don't get any ideas.  Unless you catch me wandering out in my work-out clothes, you might never know that I have a colorful pair of sneakers in my closet. 

Who knew tennis shoes could be so inspiring?

No comments:

Post a Comment