Thursday, March 31, 2011

Life as I Know it is Over...

Life as I know it is over.  As I mourn the loss of normalcy in my house over the next few days, my husband couldn't be happier.  For the first time since last October, he's excited.  That's right ladies and gentlemen, today is Opening Day!

My Tivo is already set to start recording ball games from 2 pm to 10 pm tonight.  My husband will start wearing his Andrus jersey on a daily basis.  He'll start grilling hot dogs and hamburgers twice a week.  His sporadic trips to the batting cages will turn into weekly rituals.  Movie night will turn into excuses to watch Major League, Eight Men Out, and Field of Dreams.  And my baby will know the words to Take Me Out to the Ballgame by his first birthday.

Oh, don't feel sorry for me.  I signed up for this when I married a baseball player.  I knew that baseball fans are hardcore when I got married.  They're worse than football fans, because they don't have one game a week.  Baseball is EVERY night.  The fans are more dedicated than basketball fans, because they actually sit through 100 degree afternoons to watch their games.  And hockey fans?  Well, they're Canadian and that's about all I need to say...

Anyway, the Major League Baseball season starts today.  The Texas Rangers open their season tomorrow at home against the Red Sox at 3:05 pm.  My husband is soooo excited.  He told me that this week is like having Christmas and his birthday in the same week. (Good thing he didn't compare it to our anniversary.)  I guess this is a good thing. He's happy!  I guess it's time to sit back, catch some sun, and watch as the boys play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment