Friday, March 4, 2011

How to be a Successful Woman

"Commit your works to the Lord and your plans will be established."  Proverbs 16:3 NASB

Every woman needs to have this verse written in a place where she can see it frequently.  I know that I get so worried sometimes about whether I'm making decisions that are right for my career or my long-term goals, but Proverbs reminds us to let God handle it.

I was blessed with the opportunity to have lunch with a dear group of ladies from church yesterday and was struck by the fact that many of us have the same issues.  A few of the ladies work full-time, some are stay-at-home moms, some volunteer or do part-time work.  And then there's me, the perpetual student.  Despite our differences, I think we all wonder if we're doing enough.  You know, we wonder if we ought to be doing more in the community or if we should have our children involved in more activities for their own personal growth.  As women, we often don't know when to stop planning or worrying.  Isn't planning and being prepared our job?

According to Proverbs, our job is to commit what we're doing to God and He will work out the details.  He'll show us when we need to take on more or what we need to do to be successful.  I like the NIV interpretation of this verse, "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."  Success is in God's hands. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes my friend, you are getting it! I am so encouraged with your growth and understanding. You are a fantastic mom, loving wife, and faithful friend. Rest in what you are learning from God's words. May I share a verse that also helps me sometimes? Psalm 94:19. Thanks for the blessing!

    ReplyDelete