Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Full Coverage Plan

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.  But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind." James 1:5-6

My husband had a heart procedure last November during which the doctors couldn't fix the heart condition because they couldn't find anything wrong. (My 28 year old husband had previously coded during a stress test.)  God has been good and has resolved all his heart problems since that time.  The insurance company, however, hasn't been very generous in covering the procedure.  To their credit, the doctors and hospital involved have made appeals and requested extra coverage, but the insurance company was not inclined to cooperate.  Knowing the state of health care in the U.S., I can't half blame the insurance company, but as a customer it makes you wonder why we pay so much each month when the insurance company doesn't want to help when we need it.

Thankfully, God is not like an insurance company.  He's always there when we need Him.  And if we ask Him for wisdom He gives it freely.  We are just required to ask for wisdom in faith, without any doubting.  We cannot approach God like our health insurance provider, hoping He might provide when we need Him.  He promises to be there and to give wisdom when we ask.  We need to have faith that God will do what He says. 

This sounds so simple.  But I'm a planner, and I always want a back-up plan.  I'm learning (slowly and painfully) that I don't need a back-up plan when I let God take control.  His plan and wisdom are perfect for my life when I have faith and completely surrender to His will.  God doesn't look at premiums and deductibles.  Jesus covered the cost of our insurance, and God doesn't deny coverage when we seek it.

No comments:

Post a Comment