Thursday, March 3, 2011

Understanding the Law

"Those who forsake the law praise the wicked, but those who keep the law strive with them.  Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the Lord understand all things."  Proverbs 28: 4-5 NASB

I really enjoy studying law. I like reading Leviticus and studying Israelite law.  And I'm definitely a rule follower.  But I often get aggravated when I talk with other law students who want to debate black letter law or change the interpretation of the plain meaning of the law.  (This is probably why Constitutional Law gave me such a headache.)  Proverbs is clear that those who are evil and advocate for evil do not understand justice.  As Christians, we must remember that pro abortionists, homosexual advocates, immigration reformers and anti-death penalty activists are advocating for evil and they do not understand true justice.  They want to change the law because they don't respect it.

How can we better understand the law and advocate for true justice?  Seek the Lord.  He will give us the wisdom to understand all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment