Saturday, March 5, 2011

What's the Matter with the Modern Woman?

I have a "Give Up" story...

This morning I took the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam.  It was proctored at this cute little conference center in downtown Fort Worth.  As I was sitting and waiting for the exam to begin, it occurred to me that I was the only female (out of about 25) in the room wearing a skirt.  The majority of women were in sweats (not cute matchy ones) and they literally looked like they rolled out of bed.  I felt embarrassed for every last one of them.  Trust me, Clinton and Stacy from What Not to Wear would have been appalled.  It is so not ok to wear plaid pajama pants in public!

There was a time--not too long ago--when women went to school in dresses and men didn't leave the house unless they were wearing a suit.  Even I don't think that those standards are necessary anymore, but wouldn't it be great if people still cared about their appearance? 

It's time for the modern woman to take advice from my former nursing professor.  Dress for Success.  As women, if we want to be taken seriously.  We need to not only act like it, but we need to dress like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment