Sunday, March 20, 2011

Growing Tomato Plants

"Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary." Galatians 6:9



My 2 year old is a science nut.  He watches Sid the Science Kid all the time and he retains everything.  Yesterday, he informed me that we have muscles all over our bodies that help us move!  (Anatomy/physiology has been a hobby of mine since 6th grade, so I was very pleased by my son's sudden interest in muscles.)  Since he likes science, I thought it would be fun to teach him about seeds and plants.  So this picture is our tomato garden that we planted this afternoon.  Can you see our greenhouse pots and our outside pots?  I'm just hoping that a seed in a pot somewhere actually decides to grow. 

At church this morning, we talked about being planted in Christ.  Galatians 6 says that if we continue to do good, we will reap in due time.  But until that due time occurs, we have to keep doing good--and we can't get tired of doing what we know we're supposed to be doing.  That means that we can't get discouraged by the difficulties of life.  If we remain faithful and trust Jesus during the storms of life, He'll get us safely where we need to go and we'll reap the benefit of our faith.  Maybe not in this lifetime, but in due time.

I have no idea if my son's tomato plants will ever bloom.  The Sesame Street planter's kit says that harvest time should be in 70 days, but we'll see... I do know, however, that in due time, believers will reap the benefits of doing good and trusting in God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment